A little bit of this a little bit of that

Verbal diarrhea at its worst

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I do believe I forgot to tell yet another story! I got back from Colca canyon around 6 in the evening, after being on the bus for something to the order of 7 hours (which is unbelievable, considering Colca canyon is supposed to be in Arequipa's backyard!!!). In any case, I was exhausted from the hike, the nausea, the not being able to eat... so I just crashed, but not before finding out that the two aussies who had gone to climb Chachani (the supposedly easiest mountain over 6000 meters) had actually not made it to the top, that they both got really bad altitude sickness, so one of them turned around and one of them continued up but only until (drumroll please) their guide got swept down by an avalanche. The guide was apparently fine, and the kid made it back down alright, though going slightly hypothermic and incoherent. To celebrate the return of the crew all in one piece everyone went out drinking, except for me, i said i was going to crash for a couple hours and then join in. Around 12, one of the aussies woke me up to check on me (isnt that sweet?) and decided to accompany me on my quest for food (since i felt just fine when i
woke up... and hungry. We got food and hung out for a couple of hours and when we were almost back at the hostel we saw two guys walking in front of us.... one was the other aussie (the one who had to go back down after the guide got washed off)... the other was some dude in a trenchcoat and a wig.
Not knowing whether the kid was aware that the guy was a MALE, we called over to him, found out that he was completely wasted and was apparently bringing "her" back to the hostel where the danish kid was already waiting (getting ready? i dont want to know). The danish kid apparently saw "her" flash some breasts at him while they were walking back to the hostel, and decided that they just HAD to get her. And that was my first encounter with how one ends up picking up a male prostitute. Needless to say, up until I left the guys didn't live it down, and i'm sure that even after I left, they kept getting made fun of. Well, DUH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home