A little bit of this a little bit of that

Verbal diarrhea at its worst

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?

Things of the butt...

I am trying to find a picture of the biggest thing I have never would have imagined one would shove up their own rear. The chief that operated has pictures on her phone but that's about it. I have yet to make it down to pathology to take my own pictures, until then I'll just have to describe:
1. You could see this thing on the KUB. The tip was just below the lower ribs
2. It was about 4 inches in diameter. I just looked at a ruler to make sure I was siting a similar number.
3. It looked like a fricken rocket coming out during surgery
4. The guy ended up with a colostomy

There is a lady we're consulting on with what looks like distal obstruction. One of the other interns on my team was "blessed" with having to disimpact this lady on call. The found what looked like plum pits. The nurses washed the plum pits and kept them by the bedside. The next day gave rise to many a speculation for how the plum pits found their way where they did, as the woman's son was found dropping food into her salad-shooter style and indiscriminately. This after having been instructed several times in several languages and with several translators including his own wife that the lady has to be on clears. I'm starting to wonder if he was trying to kill her on the sly and we caught him in the act.

And more on that oedipal subject: a patient's daughter keeps calling and threatening that she's "watching everything and writing everything down" as if just looking for something to sue over. The problem with this is that if there's something to sue over, something bad needs to happen to her mom. You mean you're actually looking for something bad to happen to your mom in the hospital so that you can sue???? I should've been a vet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home